# Reader settings
This section relates to the reading experience in the app and navigating the reader.
# Default reading mode Right to left
This setting sets the reader's default direction when you open a manga.
Left to right
- Swipe left for next page. Swipe right for previous page.
Right to left
- Swipe right for next page. Swipe left for previous page. Default way of reading Manga.
- Swipe up for next page. Swipe down for previous.
- Webtoon is like vertical but stitches all the images together into one stream.
- Similar to webtoon but with a little space between pages.
You can change viewer for different series by going to the series, opening a chapter, tapping the middle of the screen, pressing the gear icon, and selecting a different viewer in Viewer for this series.
# Double tap animation speed Normal
Double tap animation speed changes the speed in which the zoom happens when double tapping.
# Show reading mode True
Briefly show current mode when reader is opened
# 32-bit color False
This setting decodes images in
ARGB888 format to allow the reader to display more colors.
This setting will only show up on smartphones running Android 8.0 or higher.
# Animate page transitions True
This setting applies a smooth transition when tapping to change page.
# Rotation Free
This allows you to control how the screen is going to be oriented.
- Free lets you rotate the screen between portrait and landscape.
- Lock will lock the orientation to whatever orientation you had before entering the reader.
- Force Portrait forces the reader to be in portrait.
- Force Landscape forces the reader to be in landscape.
# Background color Black
This allows you to control what color the background should be in reader. Background color can either be Black, Gray or White.
# Fullscreen True
This setting specifies if the notification and navigation bar are to be hidden while in the reader.
# Show content in cutout area True
Lets reader use all screen space even that around punch hole camera and camera notch
# Keep screen on True
This setting determines if the device should be allowed to go to sleep while reading a manga.
# Show page number True
This settings shows the page number at the bottom of the page in current page/total page format.
# Skip chapters marked read False
This setting allows the chapters marked as read to be skipped during reading. This setting can be useful if a series has multiple scanlation groups and you want to hide one's chapters during reading.
# Skip filtered chapters True
This setting allows filtered chapters to be skipped during reading.
# Always show chapter transition True
Chapter transition is the area between chapters that shows the names of current and next chapters. When this option is disabled, the reader will hide this area only if the next chapter is loaded.
# Navigation layout
This changes how tapping behaves
# Invert Tapping None
Inverts the tapping position depending on which setting you choose.
- Tapping left goes to the next page, and tapping right goes to the previous page
- Tapping bottom goes to the next page, and tapping top goes to the previous page
- Tapping left goes to the previous page, and tapping right goes to the next page
- Tapping bottom goes to the previous page, and tapping top goes to the next page
- Applies the two previous mentioned settings
This setting can only be used when Tapping is enabled.
# Scale type Fit screen
Scale type lets you choose how the page fits in your screen.
All examples are illustrations and may not reflect what actually happens.
You can change scale type when reading a chapter. Tap the middle of the screen, press the gear icon at the top, select a different scale type under Scale type. This will change Scale type for all series.
# Zoom start position Automatic
Depending on your scale type the page can be wider than the screen, and with zoom start position you can choose where Aniyomi will start on that zoomed in page.
All examples are illustrations
# Crop borders False
Tries to remove excess white borders
# Side padding Webtoon None
Adds a percentage side padding to the sides of the page
# Tapping True
This setting enables switching pages by tapping the sides of the screen.
# Long tap dialog True
If enabled, you can long tap on the screen to get the options to set the current page as cover, share it, or save it.
# Volume keys False
This setting allows you to flip pages using the volume keys, with the volume up button going to the previous page, and volume down going to next page.
# Invert volume keys False
Reverses the Volume keys function of volume up going to the next page and volume down going to the last page.
This setting can only be used when Volume keys setting is enabled.